SEX and Intimacy for Cancer Survivors: Recap Video
Dr. John Robinson spoke at the monthly Survivorship Education Session in May at the TBCC. Throughout his presentation, Dr. Robinson used the example of a couple who came to see him because they had been fighting and through their sessions found out that most of their problems stemmed from the emotional issues caused from a lack of intimacy. It was a powerful and practical example of why this issue is an important one to address.
The session also covered topics such as:
- Common myths and misconceptions about sex during and after cancer treatment
- The underlying emotional issues that keep couples from having sex
- The connection between sex and healing (sex as a “life affirming” act)
- Common issues and problems faced by couples
- Suggestions for how to deal with the common problems
- Suggestions on how to be “intimate” with and without having sex
Take a look at the recap video below and to watch the entire presentation CLICK HERE.
If you would like to ask Dr. Robinson a question please leave a comment below and he will make sure to respond to you. If you would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Robinson please Call: 403-355-3207 (Appointments / Booking)