Special Online/Phone Survivorship Education Sessions
CancerCare, in collaboration with the National Cancer Institute: Office of Cancer Survivorship and Office of Communications and Education, LIVESTRONG, American Cancer Society, Intercultural Cancer Council, Living Beyond Breast Cancer and National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship, is pleased to invite you to participate in a free, four-part workshop series.
The Tenth Annual Cancer Survivorship Series:
Living With, Through & Beyond Cancer
The series will take place on Tuesdays, from 11:30-12:30 pm Mountain Time – April 24, May 15, June 19 and July 17. You can listen to these workshopson the telephone or via live streaming through the internet. This free series is made possible by support from the National Cancer Institute and LIVESTRONG and offers cancer survivors, their families, friends and health care professionals practical information to help them cope with concerns that arise after treatment ends.
Part I, April 24th – Using Mind/Body Techniques to Cope with the Stress of Survivorship
The faculty for this program includes:
• Richard Dickens, MSW, Survivor Perspective, Clinical Supervisor, Mind/Body Project
• Lorenzo Cohen, PhD, Professor and Director, Integrative Medicine Program, Departments of
General Oncology and Behavioral Science, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
• David Spiegel, MD, Jack, Lulu and Sam Willson Professor in the School of Medicine, Associate
Chair, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine
Subsequent workshops in the series are:
• Part II, Recapturing Joy and Finding Meaning — May 15th
• Part III, Changing Roles and Responsibilities for Caregivers — June 19th
• Part IV, Managing Post-Treatment Neuropathy — July 17th